[comp.sys.tandy] Model 12/16 OS

PETERSO@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com (09/26/90)

Fellow Tandy "enthusiasts":
    I have read much discussion about Xenix, and some about TRSDOS 2,& II,
but none on the subject of TRSDOS 16. Was this OS ever really used? Is software
labeled for xenix able to be used on it? You see, I have TRSDOS 16 already
and have almost no hope of ever aquiring xenix. I await further postings
or E-Mail with baited breath. (No kidding!)
                                                   etc,etc,etc.
                                                    Tom
-------

THOMAS K. PETERSON
3 TATHUM TRACE
GANSEVOORT, NY 12831
HOME: (518) 695-3659
WORK: (518) 387-6426
BITNET: PETERSO@GECRDVM1

bill@bilver.UUCP (Bill Vermillion) (09/26/90)

In article <90268.141623PETERSO@GECRDVM1.BITNET> PETERSO@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com writes:
>Fellow Tandy "enthusiasts":
>    I have read much discussion about Xenix, and some about TRSDOS 2,& II,
>but none on the subject of TRSDOS 16. Was this OS ever really used? Is software
>labeled for xenix able to be used on it? You see, I have TRSDOS 16 already
>and have almost no hope of ever aquiring xenix. I await further postings
>or E-Mail with baited breath. (No kidding!)
>                                                   etc,etc,etc.
>                                                    Tom

Well virtually no one ever used TRDOS 16 - but why do you say you have no
hope of every acquing Xenix.

If you want an OLD and buggy 1.2.0 Xenix - I have a couple of copies, brand
new, shrink wrapped, that you can have for the cost of shipping.

The one that is needed is actually 1.3.0, and the later version is 3.0.
Don't know if I have any of those around, but there might be one.

I picked up a bunch of stuff about 2 years ago just to get the binders at a
local Computer Center close out.

                      : bill@bilver.UUCP