[comp.sys.tandy] Communication with Tandy 1000TX!

conslt04@zeus.unomaha.edu (10/25/90)

    I have a Tandy 1000TX with a hayes compatible 1200 baud modem.
I'm having dificulties in making the final connection to remote computers
using Procomm 2.4.2.  This at one point in time was working fine, so I
thought maybe a virus, well that proved to be incorrect.  So that means
the problem lies with either the phone line or the hardware!

    My questions is, has any one else had similar problems?  If so, how
did you correct them?  Thanx in advance for any information.

Todd

bobb@vice.ICO.TEK.COM (Bob Beauchaine) (10/26/90)

In article <3315.2726aebb@zeus.unomaha.edu> conslt04@zeus.unomaha.edu writes:

>    I have a Tandy 1000TX with a hayes compatible 1200 baud modem.
>I'm having dificulties in making the final connection to remote computers
>using Procomm 2.4.2.  This at one point in time was working fine, so I
>thought maybe a virus, well that proved to be incorrect.  So that means
>the problem lies with either the phone line or the hardware!
>
>    My questions is, has any one else had similar problems?  If so, how
>did you correct them?  Thanx in advance for any information.
>
>Todd

  The problem could also be protocol (i.e. parity,stop bits, etc.).
  I have a Tandy 1000TX with a Prometheus 300/1200/2400 baud modem,
  also using Procomm (which version I don't recall).  I have never
  had any difficulty with connecting to remote computers, both
  Compuserve and the Unix or VAX machines at work.  Unless you are
  absolutely sure that the problem isn't one of protocol, don't tear
  apart any hardware just yet.  Serial communications can be a sticky
  subject sometimes.

Bob Beauchaine bobb@vice.ICO.TEK.COM

"It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear"

--Norm Peterson