[comp.sys.tandy] Is TANDY CM-11 an EGA?

zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) (11/11/90)

      TAndy CM-11 monitor is a EGA like monitor, and DESKMATE has made full
use of it. Yet when I program graphics with Turbo-Pascal, the monitor is
detected as CGA. Does anybody know how to set graphics mode for CM-11?

ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy Takahashi) (11/11/90)

In article <11462@j.cc.purdue.edu> zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:
>      TAndy CM-11 monitor is a EGA like monitor, and DESKMATE has made full
>use of it. Yet when I program graphics with Turbo-Pascal, the monitor is
>detected as CGA. Does anybody know how to set graphics mode for CM-11?

The CM-11 is a *CGA* monitor. The Tandy Graphics adaptor is a superset of
CGA (includes 320x200x16 color, 640x200x16 color (EGA like modes) and
640x200x4 color (PC jr modes). The EGA-like modes are *NOT* ega modes,
and cannot be programed as such. I wish more development packages would
support the tandy modes, but, alas, they don't

tim

nealstep@yunexus.yorku.ca (Neal Stephenson) (11/12/90)

In article <11462@j.cc.purdue.edu> zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:
	 Tandy CM-11 monitor is a EGA like monitor, and DESKMATE has made full
   use of it. Yet when I program graphics with Turbo-Pascal, the monitor is
   detected as CGA. Does anybody know how to set graphics mode for CM-11?

The answer to the question is that the CM-11 is not an EGA monitor, it is
a CGA monitor that supports 16 colours at CGA resolutions (depending on the
machine some tandy's had 640x200x16 others didn't). The resolutions that
support more than CGA colours 320x200x16, 640x200x4, 640x200x16 are special
tandy graphics. These modes are supported by a number of software makers, but
I don't think I've seen a Turbo Pascal driver. If you want to write your own,
the assembly language methods were documented in one of the Tandy programmer
references guides, though the exact name escapes me.

		Hope it Helps,
				Neal

||	Neal Stephenson		||	Internet : nealstep@nexus.YorkU.CA   ||
||	Glendon College		||	Bitnet :   NEALSTEP AT YORKVM1       ||
||	York University		||	Mail : Rm A117, York Hall	     ||

root@gsy1.UUCP (Scott Yates N4BBB) (11/22/90)

zhou@brazil.psych.purdue.edu (Albert Zhou) writes:

>      TAndy CM-11 monitor is a EGA like monitor, and DESKMATE has made full
>use of it. Yet when I program graphics with Turbo-Pascal, the monitor is
>detected as CGA. Does anybody know how to set graphics mode for CM-11?

Albert, the CM-11 is definitely CGA. It isn't capable of ega res, however
the video baord built into the 1000 series does 320x200x16 colors, and 640by
200 at 8 colors (as i recall), and is far above the cga norm
sy

--
Scott Yates, N4BBB    o    o    DOMAIN: gsy@gsy1.JOBSOFT.COM
Yates Pest Control     \  /     UUCP: ....uunet!mjbtn!gsy1!gsy

            <<< "Bugs Are my Life " >>>