[comp.sys.tandy] Tandy 200 software

japplega@slate.mines.colorado.edu (Joe Applegate Grn 209 3369 6509768) (12/04/90)

Recently I bought a Tandy 200 off the net... while I am extremely happy
with the computer I was quite surprised to find that very little of the
software that I had bought over the years for my 100 would work on it.

While most .BA programs will run (if they fit in the more limited memory)
I could not find even one .CO program that would run??  I know they both
use an 80C85... is the problem with ROM differances???  If so has anyone
produced a list of common ROM calls and the offsets between the ROM's...

Furthermore, does anyone know of any sources for software that are still
in business???  It took over an hour and several phone calls to different
RSCC's to find out where to get more RAM... but no one appears to have
software.

Also... if software for a machine is no longer marketed is it kosher to
trade it... and does anyone have any 200 software to trade???  I have
a few things that I converted (like Adventure)...

Joe Applegate - Colorado School of Mines Computing Center

davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Dave McCrady) (12/07/90)

japplega@slate.mines.colorado.edu (Joe Applegate Grn 209 3369 6509768) writes:

> Recently I bought a Tandy 200 off the net... while I am extremely happy
> with the computer I was quite surprised to find that very little of the
> software that I had bought over the years for my 100 would work on it.
>
> Furthermore, does anyone know of any sources for software that are still
> in business???  It took over an hour and several phone calls to different
> RSCC's to find out where to get more RAM... but no one appears to have
> software.

  Try Ultrasoft Innovations in Montreal.  514-457-9283.
Their mailing address is  PO Box 219, Station S.A.D.B., Ste Anne de
Bellevue, Quebec, Canada  H9X 3R9.

   Dave McCrady                 |  davem@ersys.uucp
+1 403-454-4054 (voice)         |  ersys!davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
+1 403-454-6093 (public USENET) |  decrwl!alberta!aunro!ersys!davem