[net.music] Love Songs

abh6509@ritcv.UUCP (X) (03/24/86)

In article <118@sally.UUCP> jcw@sally.UUCP writes:
>In article <5921@allegra.UUCP> dsf@allegra.UUCP (David Fox) writes:
>>Here's one for the recently jilted among you:
>>
>>(Your Love is Like a Case of) "Anthrax"		- The Gang of Four
>>
>I wonder if this is something like (or a rip-off of)
>
>(Your Love is like) Nuclear Waste		-Tuff Darts
>	recorded circa 1977
>
>-Cary DiWhay

I'm familiar with both these songs and ONLY the titles are similar.

Anthrax actually has two simultaneous lyric streams going, one is
"And I feel like a beetle on its back, and there's no way for me to get up."
And the other is
Paraphrase: "Its not the triteness of today's love songs that bothers me
its thier lack of honesty."

Nuclear Waste is just plain rambunctious.
"Your love is like a nuclear waste, you ought to have 'comtaminated'
	stamped across your face!

Both great songs.

A. Hudson