[comp.sys.tandy] Tandy 6000 Keyboards

bill@camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) (12/13/90)

Can I use an old style (Model II, Model 16) keyboard on a Tandy
6000?  I know I have to change the cable.  If it can be used, do
I just have to make a straight connector cable or change the
pin-outs?

Thanks

Bill.
--
INTERNET:  bill@Celestial.COM   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
UUCP:   ...!thebes!camco!bill   6641 East Mercer Way

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (12/14/90)

In article <538@camco.Celestial.COM> bill@camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>Can I use an old style (Model II, Model 16) keyboard on a Tandy
>6000?  I know I have to change the cable.  If it can be used, do
>I just have to make a straight connector cable or change the
>pin-outs?

The Model II was one thing, but my recollection is that the Model 12-16-6000
were all the same keyboard, no?
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley	    NYC Public Unix	jpr@jpr.com	CIS: 72160,1341

fzsitvay@techbook.com (Frank Zsitvay) (12/15/90)

In article <538@camco.Celestial.COM> bill@camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>Can I use an old style (Model II, Model 16) keyboard on a Tandy
>6000?  I know I have to change the cable.  If it can be used, do
>I just have to make a straight connector cable or change the
>pin-outs?

   yes, you can...   use a model 2 cable, and route the conductors
this way...

           connector on video/keyboard board

                 O  O  O  O  X  O
                 1  2  3  4     6

           colors of the wires in the model 2 cable...

                 white   ->   pin 1
                 red     ->   pin 2
                 black   ->   pin 3
                 green   ->   pin 4
                 yellow  ->   pin 6

>--
>INTERNET:  bill@Celestial.COM   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
>UUCP:   ...!thebes!camco!bill   6641 East Mercer Way
>             uunet!camco!bill   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591

   would you by any chance have a xenix 3.2.3 development system package
for sale, cheap??

--
fzsitvay@techbook.COM - but don't quote me on that....

American Oil Company motto - Bend over, We'll pump!!!