[comp.sys.tandy] The good ol' days

rlp@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Trouble) (12/17/90)

In article <1990Dec15.165748.3972@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> conklin@frith.uucp (Terry Conklin) writes:
>>Bob, thinking about the good ol' days of Meteor Mission and Robot Attack
>>--
>
>Good old days? Hey, I just got 37,460 and 3,600 - respectively. (Pretty
>rusty at Robot Attack, really.)

My high score for Robot Attack is something around 12,000.  Damn, those
little suckers sure move fast at that level.  Now my Alpha joystick is
on the fritz, though.  At least I haven't worn out any more keys (the
P key went out after too much use as a 'fire' button...well, not
completely out, but it needs babying).

Bob
--
rlp@beach.cis.ufl.edu  					    Air:  PP-SEL
AMA # 541283 				   		   Road:  750 Ninja

rick@scicom.AlphaCDC.COM (Richard E. Oakes) (12/23/90)

Not actually a games question, but I looked through the help screen five times, and could not find a way to start a new discussion, only "reply" and "follow-
up".

A non-profit organization I work with has a Model III with RS 15Meg HD.  The
area took a lightning strike a while back, which fried EVERYTHING hooke to
phone lines in the building--modems, Merlin controller, etc.  The Model III
was not hooked up at the time, but the problems started at the same time, so
may have been induced.  The problem:

The Model II will boot fine under TRSDOS and NEWDOS, but will not boot under
LDOS.  It just sits there, starts, and keeps trying to reboot.  The NEWDOS
that we have is not 2.5, so the only access we have to the hard disk is
under LDOS.  I have tried different boot disks, and even gone back to
the factory disk, which was stored in a safe at the time.  The same thing
occurs with all disks.  I have also used the MEMTEST program on the TRSDOS
desk, which reports all memory passing.  Funds for computer repairs are in
very short supply; does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this
problem?

Richard E. Oakes 		UUCP: {ncar,boulder,isis}!scicom!reo!rick
Adminitrative Officer		CompuServe: 70475,333
Colorado Wing, Civil Air Patrol	Prodigy: VXNX33A