[comp.sys.tandy] Tandy 102 - Different ROM Versions?

cameronjames@snoc01.enet.dec.com (James Cameron) (02/26/91)

My Tandy 102 does not behave in the way described in the manual;

	1)  the ROM routine to pick up the phone and dial a number does nothing,
	2)  the TELCOM function key display does not show FIND and CALL.

It may be that Tandy/Radio Shack supply a different ROM for customers in my
country (Australia).  Does anyone know for sure?  Are there any other
differences?

Regards...
James Cameron
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) P/L
(cameronjames@snoc01.enet.dec.com)

yetsko@interlan.interlan.com (Mike Yetsko) (02/27/91)

It is QUITE possible that units designed and sold as "out of USA"
did not have teh USA specific modem.

Mike Yetsko

cameronjames@snoc01.enet.dec.com (James Cameron) (02/28/91)

In article <YETSKO.91Feb26215020@interlan.interlan.com>,
yetsko@interlan.interlan.com (Mike Yetsko) writes:

> It is QUITE possible that units designed and sold as "out of USA"
> did not have the USA specific modem.

Yes, I thought so too.  But when I ask it to pick up the modem, I hear a
distinct relay click.  If they were going to ship a model without the modem
circuitry on the PCB, they sure would've removed that expensive relay.  It is
not used for any other purpose.

I apologise for not mentioning that in my first post.

Would anyone be able to run a checksum of their 102's ROM for me?

--

fzsitvay@techbook.com (Frank Zsitvay) (03/01/91)

In article <YETSKO.91Feb26215020@interlan.interlan.com> yetsko@interlan.interlan.com writes:
>It is QUITE possible that units designed and sold as "out of USA"
>did not have teh USA specific modem.
>
>Mike Yetsko

  i have a kyotronic 85 (which is the japanese version of the model 100,
manufactured and sold in japan by kyosei) and it also does not have the
usa spec modem.  however, on the main board inside the machine, the traces
and space for the modem chips exist.

   the out of usa machines (at least mine) don't have the address or
scheduling programs in rom, and as such have 2 additional directories
spaces available.
--
fzsitvay@techbook.COM - but don't quote me on that....

American Oil Company motto - Bend over, We'll pump!!!