[comp.sys.tandy] TRS80 Model 3

libby@xroads.UUCP (Libby Bellitter) (06/29/89)

Does anybody have any idea where I can get a 1200 baud modem for my TRS-80
ModIII?  I need an external modem.  The only com package that I currently
have is LazyCom 2.2.  If you have any suggestions where I can get a modem
and/or software for an auto ans/dial I would appreciate it.  If you can help
please send E-Mail.

                         libby

--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200 Baud 24 hrs/day

I mention this occasionally as I have never been able to get anything
off the net for the TRS to work and I'm the type that should be
able to, so I assume I may not be the only one.

The Club II (313) 334-8877 (3/12/2400) has an extensive collection of
TRS Mod I/III/IV (in III mode) software online. For terminal software,
generally XTERM is your best bet. LTERM is a little faster, but
XTERM includes a Hayes-compatible dialing menu.

There are also TRSLINK magazine archives on Club II. Download one of
those and you'll find a good list of TRS supporting BBSes around the
country. It's rather suprising how many there are.

Terry Conklin
conklin@egr.msu.edu

wilso_d@cs.odu.edu (DeWitte Wilson) (07/03/89)

In article <739@xroads.UUCP>, libby@xroads.UUCP (Libby Bellitter) writes:

> Does anybody have any idea where I can get a 1200 baud modem for my TRS-80
> ModIII?  I need an external modem.  The only com package that I currently
> have is LazyCom 2.2.  If you have any suggestions where I can get a modem
> and/or software for an auto ans/dial I would appreciate it.

You can get modems from just about any mail order source these days, but
it might be a good idea to just check your yellow pages for IBM shops
in your area.  An external modem for the IBM will work ont he Model III
with no problem, you'll just need the cable (available at any radio shack
computer center).  There is a place local to me selling 2400 baud
modems for $105 - I'd think that this would be a common price
throughout the country.  As for communication software, if LazyCom
allows for file transfers via Xmodem, you should be able to pick up a
better comm package from just about any TRS-80 BBS or even off of one
of the national networks (like Compuserve or GEnie).

Hope this helps
...dewitte

--
DeWitte Wilson <wilso_d@cs.odu.edu>                 Old Dominion University
Sysop - The Mod III BBS                        804-424-1215 [300=>2400] 8N1

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (07/04/89)

libby@xroads.UUCP (Libby Bellitter) writes:
>Does anybody have any idea where I can get a 1200 baud modem for my TRS-80
>ModIII?  I need an external modem.  The only com package that I currently
>have is LazyCom 2.2.  If you have any suggestions where I can get a modem
>and/or software for an auto ans/dial I would appreciate it.  If you can help
>please send E-Mail.

Any external modem that works with an IBM clone will work with the
Model 3. There may still be comm programs for the M3 available via
Express Order thru RS.

Or I could make you a good deal on my old copy of Vidtex for the M3...
(send me email, if you are interested.)

--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]

pepers@enme3.ucalgary.ca (Brad Pepers) (03/09/91)

I have an old 48k TRS80 model 3 (2 5 1/4 drives). I got it because it was
the first computer I had ever programmed on (and it was pretty cheap 8^).
Now I'm looking for stuff for it. I was wondering how to hook a modem
or printer up to it. It doesn't seem to have a RS232 or Centronics port.
Also when I got it it didn't even have the boot disks. I got some from a
guy at Radio Shack that they had lying around (didn't even know what they
were for!) but I think its on old version of the operating system. Where
can I find a new version? And finally I'm looking for any other software
like an Editor/Assembler or a C compiler or CP/M.

Thanks for any help/info!

    Brad Pepers (pepers@enme.ucalgary.ca or pepers@cpsc.ucalgary.ca)

yetsko@interlan.interlan.com (Mike Yetsko) (03/09/91)

If you want the TRSDOS, I may have an OLD diskette in unknown condition
somewhere in my trash file.

Mike Yetsko