[comp.sys.tandy] 1000SL additions

andrew@blackstone.unm.edu (Andrew Eberhart) (03/26/91)

I am thinking of adding a hard disk to my SL (not SL-2).
i was wondering if I can get one through mail order, or
do I have to use a Tandy hard card?

I have the machine running with 640K now.

Any info would be appreciated (including brands to get if Tandy is
not the only one).

			Andrew

skrone@cbnewsb.cb.att.com (stuart.krone) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Mar25.215528.9659@ariel.unm.edu> andrew@blackstone.unm.edu (Andrew Eberhart) writes:
>I am thinking of adding a hard disk to my SL (not SL-2).
>i was wondering if I can get one through mail order, or
>do I have to use a Tandy hard card?

I have a 40 Meg hard card from Hard drives international.
check adds and when you order specify a tandy sized card.
any drive and any controller for a pc SHOULD work but get a
guarantee (money back ) in writing to be safe.