[comp.sys.tandy] >>Speeding up internal modem

cortez@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jeff Cortez) (04/19/91)

n8643884@unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (peter c. vollan) writes:

[Lots deleted]

>Now for some questions of my own:
>The minibbs manual at the ftp site mentions a auto-answer curcuit. Does anyone
>know how to make it? Also, what possible use could software to speed up the
>internal modem to 450 bps be? Am I missing something?

The main use of speeding up the internal modem is when communicating with
CompuServe since CompuServe still operates 450 bps lines which cost the same
as 300 bps lines.  I would suggest you read /tandy/portable100/fastmodem
in the archives for a complete discussion of the uses.

Jeff Cortez
Maintainer of the Tandy 100 Archives
tandy@uiuc.edu