[comp.sys.tandy] WANTED: Manual for Radio Shack PC-2 Pocket Computer

zark@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Steven M Kosloske) (04/30/91)

				WANTED!
				=======

I just bought a used Radio Shack PC-2 Pocket computer, the little computer
with the one line LCD screen, and the 4 color printer/plotter.  I need a
manual for this so I can use it to it's fullest.  (yeah, it's just a toy,
but...)

If anyone has a manual for it, or RAM packs that they do not use and wish
to sell, please let me know.  Thank you.

--
  (Steve Kosloske)                  |
------------------------------------| "No man's knowledge here can go

streeter@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Kenneth B Streeter) (04/30/91)

In article <11550@uwm.edu> zark@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Steven M Kosloske) writes:

>I just bought a used Radio Shack PC-2 Pocket computer, the little computer
>with the one line LCD screen, and the 4 color printer/plotter.  I need a
>manual for this so I can use it to it's fullest.  (yeah, it's just a toy,
>but...)

>If anyone has a manual for it, or RAM packs that they do not use and wish
>to sell, please let me know.  Thank you.

I have a Sharp PC-1500, which, I am told, is essentially identical to
the PC-2.  I, too, would greatly appreciate any information anybody
has about it, like a technical reference manual...  Also, if anybody
has a printer/cassette interface for the Tandy PC-2/Sharp PC-1500, I
may be interesetd in buying it.

If anybody has specifications on the I/O port on the the PC-2/PC-1500,
and how it works, or information on "machine-language" programming for
the PC-2/PC-1500, I would greatly appreciate anything you could provide...

Steven,
  I would be willing to photocopy my PC-1500 manual for you.
Actually, I have two manuals for it: the instruction manual, and an
applications manual.  They're not short, however, 164 pages (8.5"x11")
for the instruction manual, and 214 pages for the applications manual.

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu
MIT LCS, Room NE43-350      | UUCP: ...!uunet!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter

tswift@well.sf.ca.us (Theodore John Swift) (05/07/91)

> I just bought a used Radio Shack PC-2 Pocket computer, the little computer
> with the one line LCD screen, and the 4 color printer/plotter.  I need a
> manual for this so I can use it to it's fullest.
> -Steve Kosloske

Stride confidently into your local Rat Shack, and ask them to order you a
copy from National Parts in Fort Worth, TX.  This method may not work, but
I bet it will.  You can also (with some arm-twisting) get them to order a
copy of the Service Manual for whatever, which gives you all sorts of gory
details about how the beastie really works.  You may have to push a bit-
my experience is that the guy behind the counter may not know that these
options exist.
--
Ted Swift tswift@well.sf.ca.us