[comp.sys.tandy] Port number for accessing the 1000 TL's DAC capabilities

demoydk@iitmax.iit.edu (Yung D. Kim) (04/29/91)

Does anyone out there in the world know the port number/s for accessing the
DAC capabilities of the Tandy 1000 TL (or SL)?

Or for that matter, does anyone know or have a program that will use sound
(or convert!!!)
files from the Mac, Sound Blaster, or the Amiga?  (By the way, I am using a
utility that reads all sound files, regardless of file format, and plays
them through the PC sound - argh, its rough, but decent)

The only way I can access the 1000 TL/SL DAC sound is by games like
Stellar 7 or Astro Chicken (a release from Space Quest III (?)), besides
using the ever limited SOUND.PDM program, or paying mucho bucks for
Music Studio (I am a student, and a broke one too).

Besides that, using the PC sound is raw and support for the Game Blaster is
practically NIL these days (but I still program it and like it, don't get
me wrong!)

PLEASE!!!  If anyone out there has any info on TL/SL sound accessing,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!

Thank you for your support!

Yung D. Kim                                         "I like traffic lights"
Illinois Institue of Technology               "13:2.5 male to female ratio"
Computer Science and Technologies         "Where's my disk for my project?"
WhateverNET (I forgot): demoydk@iitmax.iit.edu   "The Encore/MADMAX/IITMAX"
Another source <======> kimyung@harpo.iit.edu       "The VAX Marx brothers"

"Bump a bump if you don't feel it" <================================ B.I.P.
"All we are...is dust in the wind, dude"               "Ted" Theodore Logan
"All we are...is all we were less all we will be."  Some dude named Donovan

leonard@qiclab.scn.rain.com (Leonard Erickson) (05/14/91)

demoydk@iitmax.iit.edu (Yung D. Kim) writes:

>Or for that matter, does anyone know or have a program that will use sound
>(or convert!!!)
>files from the Mac, Sound Blaster, or the Amiga?  (By the way, I am using a
>utility that reads all sound files, regardless of file format, and plays
>them through the PC sound - argh, its rough, but decent)

Well, the TRS80PRO forum on Compuserve has a program for converting Mac sound
files. It also has one for /Un-SITing files.

If anybody does have programming info for the 1000/TL[1|2|3] sound i/o,
I'd like it too.
--
Leonard Erickson			leonard@qiclab.uucp
personal:	CIS: [70465,203]	70465.203@compuserve.com