In article <1991May20.120843.4941@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> samx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

   From: samx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandy
   Date: 20 May 91 16:08:43 GMT

   Help!  I just bought a Model 100 this weekend.  Everything seems to work fine
   except for the Telcom application.  I hooked the 100 up to my Mac through
   the RadioShack null-modem converter.  With all comm settings the same on both
   machines, characters are sent from the 100 to the Mac, and appear on the
   Mac's screen, but there is no echo back to the 100, and no characters typed
   on the Mac appear on the 100.
	   I then tried using the built in modem to call out to a remote host;
   I can hear the dialing and the answering modem tones, but no characters ever
   appear on the 100s screen!

Well, for the modem problem, this sounds like what happened to me. All
you need to do is make sure the modem switches on the left are set
correctly.
The ACC/DIR switch needs to be on DIR if you're not using an acoustic
modem, (but it'll work the other way sometimes), and the connect
switch needs to be on orig, I believe.

If this is not your problem, then maybe taking it to a tandy service
station would be a good idea.

BTW, for all of you model 100ites out there...
My keyboard needs to be cleaned, and I'm planning on pulling up the
keys and vacuuming the puppy. Any advice from people who've done it?
I already know to beware the space bar...
--
Life is like a kumquat.            \    The I know Philbo Headquarters EAST
That's it? Life is like a kumquat?  \   philbo@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu