[comp.sys.tandy] model 16

DXS@psuvm.psu.edu (06/17/91)

I have used the software program KERMIT to connect with other computers,
but the program I have only works in the line mode. I now need a full-screen
mode software. Are such programs available for the Tandy Model 16 using either
the Z80 or M68000 mode. The operating system I use is Pickels and Trout CP/M
together with programs put out by Trisoft and Digital Equipment.
Are the newsletters or magnazines that have features on Tandy micros?
                                                      David Smith
                                                      Penn State, Hazleton

mikes@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Michael Squires) (06/18/91)

In article <91168.113933DXS@psuvm.psu.edu> DXS@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>I have used the software program KERMIT to connect with other computers,
>but the program I have only works in the line mode. I now need a full-screen
>mode software. Are such programs available for the Tandy Model 16 using either

If you run XENIX you can use either "cu" or "xcmalt" (the latter freely
distributable, the former comes with the OS) at speeds between 300 and 9600
bps (under XENIX 3.x; I have no experience with XENIX 1.x).

If you have a 16 that has not been upgraded you would have to run XENIX 1.3.5
and although I know that there were versions of xcmalt for that XENIX I've
never seen a copy.

There were commercial terminal emulator programs for the Model II and I have
vague memories that "MEX", at one time a freely distributable CP/M program,
came in a Model II version.  If the latter exists it would be on one of the
old SIG/M CP/M diskettes.
--

Mike Squires (mikes@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408