[comp.sys.tandy] Series 1 Editor Assembler Question

sandy@railnet.nshore.ncoast.ORG (Sandy Kaplan) (06/20/91)

I have the original Radio Shack Series-1 Editor Assembler.  It is a
cassette-based software package, however an article from 80-Micro long
ago provided a patch from Apparat that allowed disk access.  My problem
is I no longer remember the command to load a source file from disk.
I've tried the obvious letter 'L', and the "Apparat Appendage Version 3.1"
banner does appear, but I immediately receive a "Bad Paramaters" error
message.  I've tried L <space> file name, plus L in combination with every
possible letter, number and symbol I can think of to no avail.

If anyone can remember the syntax for this, I would be forever indebted.

Many thanks from Cleveland, Ohio.

P.S. I'm running this on a Model/III

laverman@cs.rug.nl (Bert Laverman) (06/20/91)

Sandy Kaplan writes:
>I have the original Radio Shack Series-1 Editor Assembler.  It is a
>cassette-based software package, however an article from 80-Micro long
>ago provided a patch from Apparat that allowed disk access.  My problem
>is I no longer remember the command to load a source file from disk.
>I've tried the obvious letter 'L', and the "Apparat Appendage Version 3.1"
>banner does appear, but I immediately receive a "Bad Paramaters" error
>message.  I've tried L <space> file name, plus L in combination with every
>possible letter, number and symbol I can think of to no avail.
>
>If anyone can remember the syntax for this, I would be forever indebted.
I haven't got the manuals at hand, but if I remember correct it's:
	L D=<fname>/<ext>
To load from tape (i.e. old style 'L' command:
	L T=<name>

If this doesn't work, mail me. I still got MB's of software.

Personally though, I preferred using M80/L80. I even wrote an extensive
graphics package with it, extending DiskBASIC to allow several new commands
for drawing, including 3-D with perspective.

Hope this helps

Greetings, Bert
--
#include <std/disclaimer>

  Bert Laverman,  Dept. of Computing Science, Groningen University
  laverman@cs.rug.nl			bert@arrakis.nl.mugnet.org

marc@pinet.aip.org (Marc Wiener) (06/24/91)

In article <oq4s41w163w@railnet.nshore.ncoast.ORG> sandy@railnet.nshore.ncoast.ORG (Sandy Kaplan) writes:
>I have the original Radio Shack Series-1 Editor Assembler.  It is a
>cassette-based software package, however an article from 80-Micro long
>ago provided a patch from Apparat that allowed disk access.  My problem
>is I no longer remember the command to load a source file from disk.

According to my manual L filename should work. Is it possible you
forgot about the extension? It defaults to /SRC if no extension is given, and
a filename of NONAME/SRC if no filename is supplied.

marc
--
Marc Wiener                    |    marc@pinet.aip.org
American Institute of Physics  |    marc@aip.bitnet

mvlewis@eos.ncsu.edu (MICHAEL VINCENT LEWIS) (06/25/91)

I can't really help you with the problem but I would like to get a copy of the
patch if possible.
mvlewis@eos.ncsu.edu

laverman@cs.rug.nl (Bert Laverman) (06/25/91)

Marc Wiener writes:
>According to my manual L filename should work. Is it possible you
>forgot about the extension? It defaults to /SRC if no extension is given, and
>a filename of NONAME/SRC if no filename is supplied.
This may be true for an original Disk version of EDTASM, but Apparat's version
is somewhat different: "L D=filename". I don't think a default extension is used,
but I can't check at the moment.

Greetings, Bert