[net.wanted] VT100 Terminal Emulator Wanted

cwc@uw-june (Winnie Chow) (02/23/84)

.
Does anyone know where I can get a good VT100-emulating terminal program
for an IBM PC?  It should allow uploading & downloading of files to/from
MS-DOS.

Thanks in advance.

more@ucf-cs.UUCP (Duane More) (03/30/84)

    There is a company called PERSOFT INC. which has some
    software called SmarTerm 100  which is a VT100 series
    Terminal Emulator with ASCII and Binary File Transfer.

    The specifics are:
			Persoft Inc.
			2740 Ski Lane
			Madison WI 53713
			(608) 273-6000

--
Duane N. More

doc@ecsvax.UUCP (04/02/84)

For a very good VT-100 terminal emulator, try PC/InterComm<tm> from
Mark of the Unicorn<R> in Cambridge Mass (They're the MINCE, Scribble,
and FinalWord folks.)  The program goes for about $100.00 retail and
will support your printer, upload and download (dumb or XMODEM), and
run at 9600bps if your connection will allow it.  It's head and shoulders
above VTerm (cost less, more features, better documentation, and not
copy protected, to name a few) ***Aside - I do not condone software
piracy.  All of our copies of PC/Intercomm for which I am responsible at
Duke are purchased.***  It supports the VT-100 protocol up to the hardware
restraints of the IBM-PC (e.g. no smooth scroll or 132 col, etc.) in every
application that I have used (EDT, VI, and GEMISCH - trademarks all).
     Other packages that claim Vt-100 compatibility, that I haven't used,
are CrossTalk and the Persoft offerings.  If you need VT-125 capcbility,
Persoft may be the only game in town.
Doc Muhlbaier
Duke - Biometry
decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!doc

esa@kvvax4.UUCP (Esa K Viitala) (04/04/84)

Lately there's been articles with munged headers showing up.
The article, to which this is a followup, is an example.
Here's the header we received:

   From: doc@ecsvax.UUCP
   Newsgroups: net.micro.pc,net.wanted
   Subject: Re: VT100 Terminal Emulator Wanted
   Date: Mon, 2-Apr-84 04:03:19 GMT

I.e. no Posting-Version, thus readnews won't accept it. After
adding  that line I was able to post this followup.

But it is a bit heavy if one has to check all the article numbers
for possible holes, then check the corresponding spool directory
and in case it wasn't a true hole after all fix the header in order
to be able to read the article. Of course by that time your .newsrc
file says that you've already read it ...

It shouldn't bee too difficult to track this down.
--

   Esa K Viitala  {decvax,philabs}!mcvax!kvport!kvvax4!esa
   A/S Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk, CTG4, P.O.Box 25, N-3601 Kongsberg

   tel. 473-739644
   tlx. 71491 vaapn n

mark@cbosgd.UUCP (Mark Horton) (04/05/84)

Huh?  Posting-Version is only added by 2.10 or later sites.  There
are plenty out there that don't add it.  This doesn't bother any
of the other sites out there - what weird readnews are you running?

And why are you voicing this in net.micro.pc?  net.news would be
the correct place.