[comp.sys.hp] OSFNAME[D[D[D[D name

mikea@utoday.UUCP (Mike Azzara) (06/09/88)

UNIX TODAY! SPEAKS (AGAIN)
The Open Software Foundation is, for better or worse, now part of the UNIX
landscape.  But in all the hoopla surrounding its birth, the seven
parents forgot one essential: a name.  OSF will produce a new operating
system based on IBM's AIX, but the founders forgot to tell us what they
plan to call the result of their efforts.
   Fully realizing how busy the OSF is (finding a new home, getting the
electricity and phones hooked up, collecting menus from nearby take-out
restaurants), we, as the new kids on the block, have decided to give the
Foundation a helping hand.
   But since we're having our own problems getting settled (new, nightmarish
telephones that ring for no reason; offices that evoke one editor's memories
of his time in solitary confinement; and you wouldn't believe how difficult
it is to find good Chinese food in Manhasset), we could use some help.
   Send us your suggestions. (...uunet!utoday!letter) We'll select the best
and print them in our first issue.  Time is running out.  Do it today.
   Send pizza.

sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (06/10/88)

In article <11@utoday.UUCP> mikea@utoday.UUCP (Mike Azzara) writes:

>UNIX TODAY! SPEAKS (AGAIN)
>The Open Software Foundation is, for better or worse, now part of the UNIX
>landscape.  But in all the hoopla surrounding its birth, the seven
>parents forgot one essential: a name.  OSF will produce a new operating
>system based on IBM's AIX, but the founders forgot to tell us what they
>plan to call the result of their efforts.

May I suggest 3OS/4!

Fred Sullivan				SUNY at Binghamton
Dept. Math. Sciences			Binghamton, NY 13903
					sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu
First you make a roux!