[comp.sys.hp] HP110+: How to make a file READONLY?

scott@hpcvca.HP.COM (Scott Linn) (06/24/88)

Just load attrib.exe into the 110, and run it.

rusty@cadnetix.COM (Rusty) (06/29/88)

In article <655@cgch.UUCP> wsct@cgchb.uucp (Thomas Schmitt) writes:
>How can I make a file READONLY on an Hewlett Packard Portable Plus
>(also known as HP 110+) which run MS-DOS 2.11?

>Please use the net or e-mail. Thanks in advance.

See if you can find 'alter', or even pctools (The pctools which is sort
of like norton utilities (no flames, please) in that it lets you 'fiddle'
with things on disk) or norton utilities.  These programs all allow you to,
among other things, make files readonly/non readonly, system/nonsystem,
hidden/nonhidden, and even set and reset the archive bit.  I cannot comment
on how they may or may not work on your HP 110+, but all the mentioned sw
above is known to work on most clones, and I think they will work with Msdos 2.xx
as well.

There are probably a dozen shareware/pd programs for doing the above too, but I
have no memory of names right now.  Maybe someone else can help.  (Maybe even send
to Rahul (ok, the vacation moderator(s)) of comp.binaries.ibm.pc such a shareware/pd
program)

Sorry to post to all 3 groups, but I am not sure which one you frequent... (and
maybe by posting I will get the binary posted for you, it should be pretty small,
by binary standards)
---
    Rusty Carruth	N7IKQ	DOMAIN: rusty@cadnetix.com
    Cadnetix Corp.		UUCP:   cadnetix!rusty
    5775 Flatiron Pkwy.	        	{uunet,boulder,nbires}!cadnetix!rusty
    Boulder, CO 80301		(303) 444-8075