[comp.sys.hp] X11 on HP9000/350SRX

wee@iris (Chris Wee) (08/11/88)

We have a HP9000/350, HPUX 6.2 with a renaissance display (98720).
The MIT X11R2 distribution (@patch level 33) compiled successfully
under hpux with the SYSV flag turned ON (against the advice in
./server/ddx/hp/README).

Xinit starts up the server Xhp and clients can display without problems.
e.g.  Xclock runs without any difficulties.

Problem:  When the mouse is dragged over to an xterm window, nothing
happens.  Either xterm did not receive an event or it is ignoring it.
Using uwm, menus appear but items cannot be selected.  Echo for wm.

What am I missing?  The same source code (we're using shadow trees)
compiles on VAXen and runs on all kinds of microVaxes.

I am compiling the distribution with the SYSV flag, cos without it,
the make breaks all over the place.  Besides, the distribution had the
flag turned on.

Could someone who has successfully installed X11 on similar hardware
contact me by email.  Thanks in advance.

chris (wee@iris.ucdavis.edu)

hackeron@athena.mit.edu (Harris L Gilliam) (08/12/88)

In article <2691@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> wee@iris (Chris Wee) writes:
>We have a HP9000/350, HPUX 6.2 with a renaissance display (98720).
>The MIT X11R2 distribution (@patch level 33) compiled successfully
>under hpux with the SYSV flag turned ON (against the advice in
>./server/ddx/hp/README).
>
>Problem:  When the mouse is dragged over to an xterm window, nothing
>happens.  Either xterm did not receive an event or it is ignoring it.
>Using uwm, menus appear but items cannot be selected.  Echo for wm.
>
>What am I missing?  The same source code (we're using shadow trees)
>compiles on VAXen and runs on all kinds of microVaxes.
>
>Could someone who has successfully installed X11 on similar hardware
>contact me by email.  Thanks in advance.

I would also appreciate any info on this matter.

							----Harris

|    Harris L. Gilliam        ()Internet : hackeron@athena.mit.edu         |
|4 Ames St. Cambridge MA 02139()UUCP {backbone..}!mit-eddie!athena!hackeron|
*             There are no bugs, only unrecognized features.               *