[comp.sys.hp] HP & Adobe Postscript deal - info wanted

rkl@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (10/27/88)

I get a (quite good) weekly trade magazine here in the UK called
'Microscope' and the latest issue mentions a deal between HP and Adobe
so that all future HP laser printers will use Postscript (about time !).
Inside the issue, the magazine's US journalist mentions a Postscript
cartridge - can anyone please give me any details of this cartridge ?
e.g. price, availability date and how much on-board RAM is required
(we have 8 LaserJet Series II printers).

P.S. Thanks for the tape Dick (Dowell) - it arrived here in record time !
Unfortunately, a recent flood in our department (the roof caved in...) has
meant that our tape drive has had to go back to HP for drying out....

Richard K. Lloyd,       **** This is a MicroVAX II running VAX/VMS V4.7 ****
Computer Science Dept., * JANET     : RKL@UK.AC.LIV.CS.MVA or              *
Liverpool University,   *             RKL@000010500211.FTP.MAIL            *
Merseyside, England,    * Internet  : RKL%mva.cs.liv.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu *
Great Britain.          ****************************************************

"What's the world's fastest microcomputer ? A Mac II at 5000 pounds ?
A 25Mhz Compaq 386 at 5500 pounds ? No, it's an Archimedes at 800 pounds !"

bill@iccdev.UUCP (Bill Gaines) (10/30/88)

In article <4050@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk> rkl@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk writes:
>Inside the issue, the magazine's US journalist mentions a Postscript
>cartridge - can anyone please give me any details of this cartridge ?
>e.g. price, availability date and how much on-board RAM is required
>(we have 8 LaserJet Series II printers).

The article I read said that the new Postcript  cartridge  was for a new
Lasterjet  printer  and it  would  not  work in any of the old  Laserjet
printers  (not even the Laserjet  II).  It evidently is some new kind of
cartridge.

--
Bill Gaines
Industrial Computer Corporation