[comp.sys.hp] Help needed with UWv3.4 on HP-UX

angles@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (11/16/88)

Hi There,

We are currently trying to port UWv3.4 (Unix Windows) onto a HP9000/850 running
HP-UX (SysV-ish with BSD dinkies...). Has anybody done this already? Any help
would be appreciated.

Also, is v3.4 of UW the current version? I know this one's been around for about
a year and the Mac end keeps bombing with newer systems. (ah, so much for
upward compatibility...)

---
Ian Angles
Systems Programmer
University Of Liverpool Computer Laboratory
angles@uk.ac.liv.mvax (or) qqangles@uk.ac.liv.vax (or..) angles@uk.ac.liv.ibm
                           ^^
                    Why??!!!!!
"Macs + HP's - isn't this illegal???"

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (11/20/88)

In article <5021@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk>, angles@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk writes:
> We are currently trying to port UWv3.4 (Unix Windows) onto a HP9000/850 running
> HP-UX (SysV-ish with BSD dinkies...). Has anybody done this already? Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Also, is v3.4 of UW the current version? I know this one's been around for about
> a year and the Mac end keeps bombing with newer systems. (ah, so much for
> upward compatibility...)
> ---
> Ian Angles
> Systems Programmer
> University Of Liverpool Computer Laboratory
> angles@uk.ac.liv.mvax (or) qqangles@uk.ac.liv.vax (or..) angles@uk.ac.liv.ibm

We are also looking for information/diffs/etc. on getting uw to work
on an HP 9000/320. If anyone has gotten uw to work ont he HP unix
boxes, could you please post the info? Or email to me, too.

Thanks very much,
-Eric

--
Eric F. Johnson          | Phone +1 612-894-0313             | Are we
Prime Automation,Inc     | UUCP:   bungia!pai!erc            | having