[comp.sys.hp] HP 9000 Harddisks

mathieu@ists.yorku.ca (Pierre Mathieu) (11/17/88)

Having run out of space on our current harddisk, we are
considering buying an additional one. I would like
to know if there are any harddisks out there compatible
with the HP products that can be hooked up via an HP-IB
on an HP9000 series 300 computer system?
	You can e-mail replies to me at the addresses given below.

Thanks for your help.

---

Pierre Mathieu				        mathieu@ists.yorku.ca
Institute for Space and Terrestrial Studies     mathieu@yunexus.yorku.ca
Center for Research in Exp. Space Science
York University, Ontario, Canada.

pavlov@hscfvax.harvard.edu (G.Pavlov) (11/18/88)

In article <259@ists>, mathieu@ists.yorku.ca (Pierre Mathieu) writes:
> Having run out of space on our current harddisk, we are
> considering buying an additional one. I would like
> to know if there are any harddisks out there compatible
> with the HP products that can be hooked up via an HP-IB
> on an HP9000 series 300 computer system?

  The only company that I have seen publicize HP HP-IB compatible disks is
  Bering Industries.  The offerings were cheaper than HP's, but much more
  expensive than comparable units for DEC, etc.  Not particularly good per-
  formance-wise, either.  But my last contact with them was more than a year
  ago, so maybe this has all changed....

  greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny

dave@pmafire.UUCP (Dave Remien) (11/20/88)

In article <671@hscfvax.harvard.edu> pavlov@hscfvax.harvard.edu (G.Pavlov) writes:
>In article <259@ists>, mathieu@ists.yorku.ca (Pierre Mathieu) writes:
>> to know if there are any harddisks out there compatible
>> with the HP products that can be hooked up via an HP-IB
>> on an HP9000 series 300 computer system?

<>  The only company that I have seen publicize HP HP-IB compatible disks is
<>  Bering Industries.  The offerings were cheaper than HP's, but much more
<>  expensive than comparable units for DEC, etc.  Not particularly good per-
<>  formance-wise, either.  [Stuff deleted]

Two other companies are Herstal Automation Limited and IEM.

Herstal is in Berkley, MI @ 313-548-2001, and IEM is in Fort Collins, CO
@ 303-223-6071.

I haven't used any of them; just passing the info along.....

<>  greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny

--
Dave Remien - WINCO Computer Engineering Group (only somewhat confused, now)
208-526-3523 Paths: ...!bigtex!pmafire!dave | ...!ucdavis!egg-id!pma386!dave