[comp.sys.hp] Expanded Memory Cards for HP Vectra

sstanfie@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (swanky) (11/22/88)

I've got a PC Vectra (just the plain old Vectra, not any of the new fancy ones
HP now supports) with an HP Expanded Memory card L/I/M version 3.2.  I
want to use Excel 2.0 w/the expanded memory, but it won't recognize the
expanded memory cause it's not LIM version 4.0.

A customer rep. at HP said, "We currently don't plan
on supporting the Lotus/Intel/Microsoft version 4.0 standard for the
regular Vectra computer.  You're out of luck at this point".

My question is:  Has anyone heard of a driver for the expanded memory card
from HP that would conform to the LIM 4.0 memory standard?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated (reply through mail)

--
<<<     skot - nihilistic technofetishist
-/-     sstanfie@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU

andrea@hp-sdd.HP.COM (Andrea K. Frankel) (11/23/88)

In article <6100@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> sstanfie@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (skot) writes:
>I've got a PC Vectra (just the plain old Vectra, not any of the new fancy ones
>HP now supports)...

>My question is:  Has anyone heard of a driver for the expanded memory card
>from HP that would conform to the LIM 4.0 memory standard?

Not through HP, but elsewhere:  I have an Intel AboveBoard in my
"Classic Vectra", and it does follow the LIM 4.0 spec.

Andrea Frankel, Hewlett-Packard (San Diego Division) (619) 592-4664
                "...I brought you a paddle for your favorite canoe."
UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
Internet : andrea%hp-sdd@hp-sde.sde.hp.com (or @nosc.mil, @ucsd.edu)
CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive, San Diego CA 92127-1899 USA

Howeird@cup.portal.com (Howard Gary Stateman) (11/24/88)

It's not the driver, it's the card. You are out of luck. No driver
can be written to make that card conform to the LIM specs. The
hardware is just not up to it.