[comp.sys.hp] HP Series 100 PC Communications Program Wanted

rjn@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bob Niland) (01/17/89)

re  "We have an old HP Series 100 PC that is isolated, and not to usable
     due to lack of a communications program.  Can anyone out there in
     netland recommend a good communications program for a HP Series 100 PC?"

Which Model ?

  110    - "HP Portable" or "Portable Plus", DOS
  120    - CPM (Z80)
  125    - CPM (Z80)
  150    - DOS
  150-II - DOS

mbk@hpsemc.HP.COM (Miles Kehoe) (02/01/89)

>Saul Fishman writes:
>

>We have an old HP Series 100 PC that is isolated, and
>not to usable due to lack of a communications program.
>Can anyone out there in netland recommend a good
>communications program for a HP Series 100 PC?
----------

The initial Series 100 was the 125 and it's midget brother,
the 120.  Both of these do not need any 'Terminal' program
at all - they are both 100% fully capable HP compatible
terminals in their own right.  If you power the system up
and it comes up into CP/M and the original 'WELCOME' screen,
sinply choose to exit to CP/M and then press the 'MODES'
key.  I htink it is key [f4] that says LOCAL OP SYS and
key [f5] that says REMOTE.  Press [f5] and you are a terminal.

The same is true for the next gen Series 100 from California
at least, the 150.

If you have a Portable system (the 110 or the Portable Plus)
they, too, have built in terminal software, so no additional
stuff is needed.

NOW...... if you want a vt100 emulation, it's a different story.
I don't believe any vt100 was ever done for the 125/120; hp used
to sell one for the 150.

If it's file transfers you want (ASCII only), there was a program
for the 120/125 called LINK/125 and later, Advancelink/125.  I
probably have copies of these around somewhere if anyone is
desparate enough to want them... let me know.

Miles

decot@hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) (02/02/89)

In addition to the built-in HP terminal software, the HP 150 has a
built-in ANSI terminal emulation, I believe.

Dave Decot
Hewlett-Packard Company
decot%hpda@hplabs.hp.com

stevev@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender) (02/04/89)

In article <16710011@hpisod2.HP.COM> decot@hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) writes:
>In addition to the built-in HP terminal software, the HP 150 has a
>built-in ANSI terminal emulation, I believe.
>
>Dave Decot
>Hewlett-Packard Company
>decot%hpda@hplabs.hp.com

This may be true of later HP 150s, but my HP 150B has only HP 2623A emulation
and TEK 4010/4014 emulation.  If ANSI emulation is provided in the 150C ROMS,
I may yet purchase the 150C upgrade.

--
Steve VanDevender 	stevev@drizzle.cs.uoregon.edu
"Bipedalism--an unrecognized disease affecting over 99% of the population.

Howeird@cup.portal.com (Howard Gary Stateman) (02/07/89)

All the HP 100 series computers have a terminal mode which emulates
an HP terminal. In addition, there is a program called Advancelink
which runs on the 110 and 150, and supports Xmodem checksum data
transfers as well as ASCII and HP transfers. It only emulates
HP terminals.

mbk@hpsemc.HP.COM (Miles Kehoe) (02/07/89)

No, no ANSI terminal emulation is provided in the 150. even the
TEK emulation is full of problems I hear.  To get ANSI mode on
the 150, you have to buy the 'vt100' terminal package
from HP - which may or may not still be on the price list.
Check with your local hp dealer I suppose... but press hard
to make sure he checks with hp.

mbk