[comp.sys.hp] Anonymous FTP site with HP-UX stuff?

tml@hemuli.UUCP (Tor Lillqvist) (03/31/89)

Does any site keep free software ported to HP-UX available for
anonymous ftp?  I am mostly interested in software ported from BSD,
things like ntp, the newest ftpd, sendmail, and other programs that
aren't trivial to port.  Yes, we do have the "ARPA/Berkeley" services
that include for instance ftpd and sendmail, but most of these
programs are rather old versions, I think.  It would be nice to have
the newest versions from Berkeley (with recent security fixes, etc).

(We have both an Series 800 machine and Series 300 workstations.)
--
Tor Lillqvist
Technical Research Centre of Finland, Computing Services

mpalumbo@sunybcs.uucp (Michael Palumbo) (04/01/89)

In article <3947@hemuli.UUCP> tml@hemuli.UUCP (Tor Lillqvist) writes:
>Does any site keep free software ported to HP-UX available for
>anonymous ftp?  I am mostly interested in software ported from BSD,
>things like ntp, the newest ftpd, sendmail, and other programs that
>aren't trivial to port.  Yes, we do have the "ARPA/Berkeley" services
>that include for instance ftpd and sendmail, but most of these
>programs are rather old versions, I think.  It would be nice to have
>the newest versions from Berkeley (with recent security fixes, etc).
>
>(We have both an Series 800 machine and Series 300 workstations.)

me too. (only have a 330 machine)

thanks.

mpalumbo