[comp.sys.hp] Mathematica on HP workstations running X11R2?

angles@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (04/03/89)

Subject: Mathematica on HP workstations?

Has anybody heard of a version of Mathematica for HP9000/3xx workstations
running X11R2? Enquiring minds want to know..(actually they don't but they
won't buy a Mac II ;-)

AdvTHANXance

Ian

---
Ian Angles, Systems Programmer, University Of Liverpool Computer Laboratory.
UK - angles@uk.ac.liv.mva
TransAtlantic - angles%uk.ac.liverpool.vax@net.cs.relay (or so I'm told..)
Europe - mcvax!ukc!uk.ac.liv.mva!angles
Bus error - quote dumped.

is813cs@pyr.gatech.EDU (Cris Simpson) (04/05/89)

In article <3608@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk> angles@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk writes:
>Has anybody heard of a version of Mathematica for HP9000/3xx workstations
>running X11R2? Enquiring minds want to know..(actually they don't but they
>won't buy a Mac II ;-)

  I called Wolfram Research a few weeks ago to ask this question.  They don't
now, but will _someday_.  It did not seem to be a priority item for
them, though.  They have come out with a 386 version, running under MS-DOS.
Most of the Mathematica people hang out on sci.math.symbolic (or whatever
they call it). y
cris

||   Gee, do you think it'd help if I plugged in both ends of this cable?   ||
Cris Simpson              Computer Engineer               VA Rehab R&D Center
                        GATech      Atlanta,GA
  is813cs@pyr.gatech.edu           ...!{Almost Anywhere}!gatech!gitpyr!is813cs