[comp.sys.hp] HP Pascal To C Translator

paul@node14.UUCP (Paul Breslaw) (04/06/89)

Does anyone know of a translator from Hewlett-Packard Pascal to C.
Any suggestions welcomed.

Paul Breslaw.

human@hpindda.HP.COM (Aaron Schuman) (04/11/89)

Paul>	Does anyone know of a translator from Hewlett-Packard Pascal to C.

I heard that Tata Consultancies, in Bombay, India, was creating
a Pascal -> C translator, but I don't know anything about release
dates, prices, capabilities or specifications.

cjames@hplchm.HP.COM (Craig James) (04/13/89)

> I heard that Tata Consultancies, in Bombay, India, was creating
> a Pascal -> C translator...

Tata did write a translator and "leases" it for a per-line-of-code fee.
This is not an endorsement of their product; I know nothing about the
quality or reliability of the translated code.

Craig James, Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, Palo Alto

rana@hpqtdla.HP.COM (Rana Raychoudhury) (04/17/89)

> Does anyone know of a translator from Hewlett-Packard Pascal to C.
> Any suggestions welcomed.
>
> Paul Breslaw.

This may be what you are looking for. The translator mentioned here
is for Pascal Workstation (UCSD) Pascal.

| Date: Wed, 30 Mar 88 09:27:38 pst
| From: Neelakantan Sundaresan <hpfcla!neel@hpldsls>
| To: hplabs!hpfcla!hpqtdla!rana
| Subject: P to C translator
|
| I received your mail regarding the Pascal to C translator.
|
| I would like to provide you with some details regarding the use of the
| filter.  I believe TATA charges 20 cents per non commented line of Pascal
| source code.
|
| TATA also provides the user with two documents, one concise ( about
| 15 pages ) and the other elaborate ( about 300 pages ).
|
| If you need any technical detail I will be more than happy to answer
| your queries.
|
| For any business details you may contact
| Mr. C. S. Murali,
| Resident Manager,
| Tata Consultancy Services,
| 1250, OakMead Parkway,
| #210, SunnyVale,
| CA 94086-3599, USA.
| Ph (408) 720-9584.
|
| Thanking you and hoping to hear from you,
|
| Regards,
| Neel.
|
| Neelakantan Sundaresan.
| at HP-LDS.