[comp.sys.hp] Is There A Useful HP User Group?

gentry@kcdev.UUCP (Art Gentry) (04/20/89)

In article <2625@cps3xx.UUCP>, usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
> {deleted}       We are wondering if there is an active and useful user group
> for HP/UX. (We'll have 350s, 360s, 370s, and an 835.)
> {deleted}

INTEREX, the International Hewlett Packard Users Group, has 3 active HP-UX
groups.  The CSL/9000 (Contributed Software Library), SigUNIX (Special
Interest Group), and SIC/9000 (Systems Improvement Committee).  We hold an
annual international conference each fall, with over 3000 users of various HP
computers in attendance.  This fall's conference is in San Francisco, Ca.
So as not to clog up the net with advertising verbage, you can obtain detailed
information about INTEREX or any of its working committees by contacting
either myself

R. Arthur Gentry
Chairman CSL/9000
(816) 654-2446

or

INTEREX
680 Almanor Ave
Sunnyvale, CA
94088
(408) 736-2156

phil@hpsmdca.HP.COM (Philip Walden) (04/20/89)

>                We are wondering if there is an active and useful user group
> for HP/UX. (We'll have 350s, 360s, 370s, and an 835.)

There is INTEREX the international HP users group. This includes all
HP computing equipment.

	INTEREX
	680 Almanor Ave.
	P.O. Box 3439
	Sunnyvale, CA. 94088-3439
	(408) 738-4848

Individual memberships are $80. $300 get you the contributed library
(although they are just setting up the HP-UX version as we speak).
Membership includes the magazine, newsletter, list of local user groups,
etc. I think one membership can be shared with a whole department.
There is also a yearly conference. This year it is in San Francisco,
Sept 11-15. A good way to meet all sorts of other HP users.

perry@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Perry Scott) (04/21/89)

There is a user's group put together by the HP support team.  I don't know
if it is ad-hoc or if they even have a newsletter.  Try contacting your
local sales office.  The address and phone number is in the back of most
manuals.

Perry Scott

joe@hpfcmr.HP.COM (Joe Kittel) (04/21/89)

In addition there's an HP user's group notes catagory, called hug.general
(for HP user's group -- HUG).  I suppose that you can get information on
connecting, via the local sales office and one of their SEs.

Joe Kittel               Hewlett-Packard, Co. - Networked Systems Sector
AT&T: (303) 229-2560                UXmail:  [ihnp4|hplabs]!hpfcla!joe-k