[comp.sys.hp] XBIFF for X11/HPUX

Krulwich-Bruce@cs.yale.edu (Bruce Krulwich) (05/03/89)

Has anyone ported XBIFF to X11 under HPUX??  I've tried porting the 4.3bsd
version and am having compiler problems, and the best way to handle them may
be to just get the code from anyone who's already done it.

Thanks.

Bruce Krulwich

krulwich@cs.yale.edu, yale.UUCP, yale.arpa

krause@hpindda.HP.COM (Mike Krause) (05/04/89)

XBIFF is currently available under X11.  I am running it on a s300 with
HP-UX 6.5.  There are no problems that I am aware of.

bruce@hpihoah.HP.COM (Bruce LaVigne) (05/05/89)

/ Krulwich-Bruce@cs.yale.edu (Bruce Krulwich) /  8:36 am  May  3, 1989 /
> Has anyone ported XBIFF to X11 under HPUX??  I've tried porting the 4.3bsd
> version and am having compiler problems, and the best way to handle them may
> be to just get the code from anyone who's already done it.
> Thanks.
>
> Bruce Krulwich

I believe you can run xbiff thru the x10tox11 convertor.  When I switched
to X11 I went with an internal program called xmail, which is much better
than xbiff, though not officially supported as a product.

-bruce

          Bruce LaVigne

          ARPA:    bruce%hpda@hplabs.hp.com
          UUCP:    {ucbvax,hplabs}!hpda!bruce
          USnail:  c/o Hewlett-Packard m/s 42L8
                   19447 Pruneridge Avenue
                   Cupertino, CA  95014
          Phone:   (408)447-6279 work

burzio@mmlai.UUCP (Tony Burzio) (05/06/89)

In article <5030007@hpihoah.HP.COM>, bruce@hpihoah.HP.COM (Bruce LaVigne) writes:
> I believe you can run xbiff thru the x10tox11 convertor.  When I switched
> to X11 I went with an internal program called xmail, which is much better
> than xbiff, though not officially supported as a product.

Can mere mortals get a tape from some kind soul at HP with the various
ported X public domain programs on it?  I understand that they are
unsupported and all, but I would like them anyway...

Tony Burzio               * The search continues...
Martin Marietta Labs      *
mmlai!burzio@uunet.uu.net *

scott@grlab.UUCP (Scott Blachowicz) (05/10/89)

/ grlab:comp.sys.hp / burzio@mmlai.UUCP (Tony Burzio) /  7:03 am  May  6, 1989 /
> Can mere mortals get a tape from some kind soul at HP with the various
> ported X public domain programs on it?  I understand that they are
> unsupported and all, but I would like them anyway...
Yeah! Is there a "contrib" tape for the 800 Series? What are the current part
numbers/update dates for the contrib tapes for 300/800? Could the miscellaneous
X stuff land on the contrib tapes?

Scott Blachowicz
USPS:  Graphicus                UUCP:    ...!hpubvwa!grlab!scott
       150 Lake Str S, #206     VoicePh: 206/828-4691
       Kirkland, WA 98033       FAX:     206/828-4236

chan@hpfcmgw.HP.COM (Chan Benson) (05/13/89)

>> Can mere mortals get a tape from some kind soul at HP with the various
>> ported X public domain programs on it?  I understand that they are
>> unsupported and all, but I would like them anyway...
>Yeah! Is there a "contrib" tape for the 800 Series? What are the current part
>numbers/update dates for the contrib tapes for 300/800? Could the miscellaneous
>X stuff land on the contrib tapes?

Some people in the factory have created a tape of X stuff for the 300 and
800 that will be distributed to SE's (HP field personnel) sometime in the
next couple months. Customers will have to get the stuff from their SE.
Tell 'em the part number is B1152-10205 (although they should get it sent
to them automatically).

			-- Chan Benson
			HP Fort Collins