[comp.sys.hp] HP archive?????

mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Michael Steele) (05/20/89)

I am looking for source code of PD programs that have been converted to work
on the HP 9000 series.  I am trying to get some utilities converted over
for our HP 9000/300 workstations.  Right now I'm having problems getting
Procomm to work on the HP, it's compiled I just can't get it to talk to the
serial port (cul01) where we have a Hayes modem.  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Also what is a good archive site for HP software?  Or does anyone have
suggestions as to what programs compile good on the HP, ie system V programs
always compile, etc.

				Respond here or via email.
				Thanks in advance
				Michael Steele

Michael Steele		mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
			mikes@ncsuctix.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
			netoprms@ncsuvm.bitnet
--

scowles@lll-lcc.UUCP (Sid Cowles) (05/24/89)

In article <3022@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> mikes@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Michael Steele) writes:
>Also what is a good archive site for HP software?  Or does anyone have
>suggestions as to what programs compile good on the HP, ie system V programs
>always compile, etc.

in archiving hp pub domain software, it would sure be nice if the effort
included the basic and pascal workstation environments.  there are still a
number of us who use this type of equipment in one fashion or another.  for
such an archive, i've run into an individual or two around the country who may
be willing to contribute parts of their own archs that they've maintained over
the years for altruistic purpose.
sid
s cowles                         att:  +1 415 423 0929
lawrence livermore national lab  uucp: {backbone}!lll-lcc!scowles
environmental sciences division  internet:  scowles@lll-lcc.llnl.gov
p. o. box 5507; L-524
livermore, california  94550