[comp.sys.hp] DeskJet all-in-one cartridge???

todd@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Ogasawara) (05/26/89)

Does anyone know if there is an "all-in-one" font cartridge for the HP
DeskJet?  I heard that Everex is making one similar to the all-in-one they
make for the LaserJet but have not confirmed that rumor.
--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii
UUCP:		{uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!todd

willa@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (----- Will Allen -----) (05/27/89)

We don't make one, and probably wouldn't support one made by someone else.  The
DeskJet PLUS accepts larger (256 Kbyte vs. 128 Kbyte) cartridges than the
DeskJet.  You might want to investigate putting two 256 K RAM cartridges in a
DJ PLUS for soft (downloadable) fonts.  Soft fonts allow you to mix-n-match.

Regards,
Will Allen
HP Vancouver "Home of the DeskJet" Division

todd@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Ogasawara) (06/04/89)

In article <2700002@hpvcfs1.HP.COM> willa@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (----- Will Allen -----) writes:
>We don't make one, and probably wouldn't support one made by someone else.  The
>DeskJet PLUS accepts larger (256 Kbyte vs. 128 Kbyte) cartridges than the
>DeskJet.  You might want to investigate putting two 256 K RAM cartridges in a
>DJ PLUS for soft (downloadable) fonts.  Soft fonts allow you to mix-n-match.

Right... I know about the DJ+.  However, I have a DeskJet MINUS.  So, the
256K carts are out.  I also know that HP does not have an all-in-one cart
for the DJ-.  Soft fonts are out of the question for me anyway.  I'm simply
spoiled by having used a LaserJet II with a Microsoft Font cartridge and a
LaserWriter NT with all those fonts instantly available as soon as the
printers warmed up.  I just won't put up with downloading fonts or having
my hard disk cluttered with font files anymore.

So, the question still stands... Any confirmation of an all-in-one font
cart for the DeskJet MINUS?