[comp.sys.hp] Various stuff ported to HP-UX available for FTP

tml@hemuli.atk.vtt.fi (Tor Lillqvist) (06/04/89)

Some time ago I asked for anonymous ftp sites wth HP-UX stuff.  Well,
didn't get any replies, so I decided to make some available myself.
The following programs, ported to HP-UX, are available for anonymous
ftp from hemuli.atk.vtt.fi:

bind 4.8 resolver library (haven't got named working)
finger and fingerd
ftp and ftpd (newest versions by Rick Adams)
hunt (a game, networked)
rdist
robots (another game)
talk and talkd
tftp and tftpd
top 2.5 (top process display)

Share and enjoy!
--
Tor Lillqvist
Technical Research Centre of Finland, Computing Services (VTT/ATK)

mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) (06/08/89)

In article <3996@hemuli.atk.vtt.fi> tml@hemuli.atk.vtt.fi (Tor Lillqvist) writes:
>Some time ago I asked for anonymous ftp sites wth HP-UX stuff.  Well,
>didn't get any replies, so I decided to make some available myself.
>The following programs, ported to HP-UX, are available for anonymous
>ftp from hemuli.atk.vtt.fi:
>talk and talkd
>Tor Lillqvist
>Technical Research Centre of Finland, Computing Services (VTT/ATK)
>tml@hemuli.atk.vtt.fi [130.188.52.2]

I certainly appreciate you making this stuff available.

I ftp'ed the talk and talkd stuff, un-tarred it, compiled it, etc.

Now, what?

I figured out that you need to add lines to the inetd.conf file,
(and the services file)
but whatever I try, talk says.. trying to connect... and just hangs.

Multiple talkd's are started up and turn into zombies after I interrupt
talk.

Mat

--
W Mat Waites            | Oh, I used to be disgusted, but now I'm just amused.
gatech!emcard!mat       | Since their wings got rusted, you know the angels