[comp.sys.hp] ME10/30

nunelson@ndsuvax.UUCP (Jim Nelson) (07/17/89)

I heard some rumors about an MsDos version of HP's ME10 or ME30 software.
Can someone out there enlighten me as to some details of this release or
point me in the direction of some info?

Thankyousoverymuch in advance.

herman@hpfelg.HP.COM (don herman) (07/19/89)

ME 10 is available in a DOS version and has been available for over a year.
It requires a 386, a 387, 4 MB RAM, and a high resolution video board (either
an HP 82328A/82329A combo, or an IBM 8514 for PS/2 machines).  It is now
officially supported on HP Vectra 386's, Compaq 386's, and on IBM PS/2 386
machines (model 70 and 80).  The list of supported devices is available from a
local HP sales rep.  It is also sold through a select number of dealers.
Price is $6,495 for the software.

VGA is also supported, but 640x480 is a low res monitor for serious CAD work.

Mark Waite
HP MDD Marketing

frank@zen.co.uk (Frank Wales) (07/19/89)

In article <2790@ndsuvax.UUCP> nunelson@ndsuvax.UUCP (Jim Nelson) writes:
>I heard some rumors about an MsDos version of HP's ME10 or ME30 software.
>Can someone out there enlighten me as to some details of this release or
>point me in the direction of some info?

HP announced a port of ME10 to 80386-based PC's earlier this year,
although I don't remember if they also announced shipment dates.  At
the time, they weren't sure if any other PCs could be supported, but
they weren't hopeful.

They also announced plans to make X-window versions of the ME series
drawing packages available at some point, which may also be of interest.
Certainly among existing Users, these plans have been known since about
the start of this year, so your local HP sales office should be able to
answer your questions.
--
Frank Wales, Systems Manager,        [frank@zen.co.uk<->mcvax!zen.co.uk!frank]
Zengrange Ltd., Greenfield Rd., Leeds, ENGLAND, LS9 8DB. (+44) 532 489048 x217