[comp.sys.hp] Spice on HP 9000 & X11 Graphics

wittmann@engr.wisc.edu (art wittmann) (07/19/89)

I've been working on porting Spice 3b1 to an HP 9000-360.  I'd
like to get the X11 graphics extensions going, but it seems that
some of the X11 libraries on my HP are not as extensive as those
on other systems.  We're running HP-UX 6.5 A.

Wondering if anyone has done the port or has experience with porting
X11 packages to HP-UX.  It seems the missing library is libXaw, but,
I'm not sure.  At any rate, a number of widgets seem to be undefined.

Thanks much,

Art

Mail to: wittmann@engr.wisc.edu
Phone: (608) 263-1748

Daniel.Stodolsky@cs.cmu.edu (07/20/89)

At the EDRC (CMU), we have built the X11R3 libraries, including all the
widgets. They seem to link just fine with the X11R2 server on the 835 and
works fine on the 300's to.

Please contact  cbs@cad.cs.cmu.edu for more information.

D. Stodolsky
danner@edrc.cmu.edu

burzio@mmlai.UUCP (Anthony Burzio) (07/20/89)

In article <110@engr.wisc.edu>, wittmann@engr.wisc.edu (art wittmann) writes:
> I've been working on porting Spice 3b1 to an HP 9000-360.  I'd
> like to get the X11 graphics extensions going, but it seems that
> some of the X11 libraries on my HP are not as extensive as those
> on other systems.  We're running HP-UX 6.5 A.

The Athena widgets, and several other libraries, are available from
your local HP software engineer.  The tape is Xcellent (:-) and well
up to HP standards.  The problem I had with Spice is that it requires
X11R3, which HP does not yet support.  I get link errors when the program
looks for colors via the R3 scheme.  Does anyone at HP know when R3
support will be available?  Vendors with 3 letter names are promising it :-)

Tony Burzio               * Happiness is a TurboSRX...
Martin Marietta Labs      *
mmlai!burzio@uunet.uu.net *