[comp.sys.hp] scsi interface for HP9000/8xx

root@.UUCP (root) (06/29/89)

Does anyone know whether a SCSI interface is available for the HP9000 series
800 systems?

Thanks

John Alsop

gates@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bill Gates) (07/01/89)

>Does anyone know whether a SCSI interface is available for the HP9000 series
>800 systems?

A SCSI interface is not currently available for the 800.  This is one of a
long list of things being examined for a future release.

Bill Gates

irf@kuling.UUCP (Bo Thide') (07/02/89)

In article <5570231@hpfcdc.HP.COM> gates@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bill Gates) writes:
>A SCSI interface is not currently available for the 800.  This is one of a
>long list of things being examined for a future release.

I hope you reach the right decision ... :-).  There are many of us waiting
for a "standard" disk interface for the 800 series -- and for diskless
capability for *all* 800s, not just the NIO ones (815 & its successors).

   ^   Bo Thide'--------------------------------------------------------------
 /|F|\        INTERNET: bt@irfu.se       UUCP: ...!uunet!sunic!irfu!bt
 ~~U~~ -----------------------------------------------------------------sm5dfw

tonyc@hpurvmc.HP.COM ( Tony Cox (SR) ) (07/11/89)

/ hpurvmc:comp.sys.hp / gates@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bill Gates) /  4:59 pm  Jun 30, 1989 /
>Does anyone know whether a SCSI interface is available for the HP9000 series
>800 systems?

A SCSI interface is not currently available for the 800.  This is one of a
long list of things being examined for a future release.

Bill Gates
----------

mah@hpuviea.UUCP (Michael Haberler) (07/16/89)

For those which are in an urgent need for a SCSI interface on the 800, say
to connect and Exabyte, there's a company called Herstal which makes
HPIB -> SCSI conversion boxes for about US $ 1100. They also sell them
as a package with Exabytes, and some optical disks.

I might be able to dig out the address if somebody is interested.

-michael
--
Michael Haberler		mah@hpuviea.uucp
Hewlett-Packard Austria GmbH, 	...mcvax!tuvie!hpuviea!mah

rclark@speclab.bgp-usgs.gov (Roger N. Clark) (07/20/89)

> For those which are in an urgent need for a SCSI interface on the 800, say
> to connect and Exabyte, there's a company called Herstal which makes
> HPIB -> SCSI conversion boxes for about US $ 1100. They also sell them
> as a package with Exabytes, and some optical disks.

> I might be able to dig out the address if somebody is interested.

I am interested!  But what about drivers for the 800?  For example,
with this box and HP's read/write optical on SCSI, do I need a
special driver?

Roger N. Clark
speclab!rclark

daveh@hpubvwa.HP.COM (Dave Highley) (07/28/89)

There is an scsi interface available from HP.  It is a special product
and must be order through the AMSO organization.