[comp.sys.hp] no broadcast opt to ifconfig??

laplant@engr.wisc.edu (dave laplant) (08/17/89)

how do you change the broadcast address using hpux 6.5. there is no
broadcast option to ifconfig. we have a 9000/360.
--

 Dave LaPlant			laplant@engr.wisc.edu
 University of Wisconsin	(608) 262-3118

stevem@pserv.UUCP (Steve Mestad) (08/18/89)

In article <122@engr.wisc.edu> laplant@engr.wisc.edu (dave laplant) writes:

>how do you change the broadcast address using hpux 6.5. there is no
>broadcast option to ifconfig. we have a 9000/360.

Broadcast exists as an ifconfig option.  Its just not listed in the
documentation.  (I had a broadcast option in my ifconfig by accident
from long ago.  It still worked under 6.5).

Steve Mestad, stevem%pserv@src.honeywell.com