[comp.sys.hp] Self-cleaning Desktop

rick@bnrunix.UUCP (Richard Johns X7191) (08/26/89)

We're running X11R2 under HP-UX 6.5.  Xterms that are not touched for a couple
of hours tend to disappear suddenly.  What's going on here?  My mother used
to pick up after me like that, and I'm not wild about it.  TIA.

Rick Johns

fkittred@bbn.com (Fletcher Kittredge) (08/26/89)

In article <250@bnrunix.UUCP> rick@bnrunix.UUCP (Richard Johns X7191) writes:

>We're running X11R2 under HP-UX 6.5.  Xterms that are not touched for a couple
>of hours tend to disappear suddenly.  What's going on here?  My mother used
>to pick up after me like that, and I'm not wild about it.  TIA.
>
>Rick Johns

Humm...,

You wouldn't by chance be using csh, tcsh or some other shell with
an autologout variabl would you?  If so, what is the setting?

regards,
fletcher

Fletcher E. Kittredge  fkittred@bbn.com