[comp.sys.hp] Reposting: HPGL -> PostScript or HP LaserJet+

manley@optilink.UUCP (Dave Manley) (09/30/89)

We're running VLSI Technology Inc's ASIC design tools which
support HPGL and Versatec (V80) plotters.  We use a JDL850
plotter now, but have a number of laser printers that we
could use instead. Does anyone know of a conversion program
that would let us use either the HP2686A LaserJet+ or
Apple LaserWriterII ?

Thanks,

Dave Manley

P.S. I apologize if this made it onto the net twice but
	 the original posting generated some error messages
	 so I don't know if it got.......

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (10/02/89)

manley@optilink.UUCP (Dave Manley) writes:

>We're running VLSI Technology Inc's ASIC design tools which
>support HPGL and Versatec (V80) plotters.  We use a JDL850
>plotter now, but have a number of laser printers that we
>could use instead. Does anyone know of a conversion program
>that would let us use either the HP2686A LaserJet+ or
>Apple LaserWriterII ?

There's a program called HiJaak that will do the job. I got my copy as
part of a package software deal from Wordstar International. I've seen
ads for it though.

I've used it to take an HPGL file from AutoCad and convert it to
HP PCL and output it on a Laserjet. It supports a *lot* of formats.
And it will produce Postscript output. I've never tested that as I
don't have access to a Postscript printer.
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]