[comp.sys.hp] How-To? Was: Re: JSNT Decorations

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) (10/25/89)

  Could someone enlighten me about how to actually set the MOTIF
  XmNmwmDecorations resources via XSetArg(), which the reference manual
  says is possible but doesn't mention how.  What I am trying to
  accomplish is have the child widget of decorated parent "undecorated".

  The default value type of XmNmwmDecorations is an int with a default
  of (-1).  What are the options?  (Both clientDecoration and
  transientDecoration are string types with a default of "all"
  (+border, +maximize, +minimize, +resizeh, +menu and +title).  The
  opposite of "all" is "none").

  Thanks.     PS: I'm using HP MOTIF under 7.0beta HPUX.

--
Marc Ries
           ries@venice.sedd.trw.com     (ARPA)

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) (10/25/89)

In article <100@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> ries@venice.sedd.trw.com I write:
>  Could someone enlighten me about how to actually set the MOTIF
>  XmNmwmDecorations resources via XSetArg(), which the reference manual

   Sorry, Type-O Alert!            ^^^^^^^^^
                         Should be XtSetValues()

--

klee@chico.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (10/25/89)

In article <101@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM>, ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc
Ries) writes:
> Could someone enlighten me about how to actually set the MOTIF
> XmNmwmDecorations resources via XtSetValues()

According to section 3.3.1.2 of the MWM Programmer's Guide, subclasses
of the Motif vendor shell widget class support XmNmwmDecorations resources
that are bitwise or'ed combinations of:

MWM_DECOR_ALL		if set, remove decorations from full set
MWM_DECOR_BORDER	client window border
MWM_DECOR_RESIZEH	resize frame handles
MWM_DECOR_TITLE		title bar
MWM_DECOR_SYSTEM	window menu button
MWM_DECOR_MINIMIZE	minimize (iconify) window button
MWM_DECOR_MAXIMIZE	maximize window button

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee