enq/acq to xon/xoff was right on the money...

thanks, colin!  shoulda thunk it myself! (blush!)

bob

[7420]  TUE 11/21/89 09:31 FROM COLLIN@HPINDDA.HP.COM "Collin Park": Re:
        nobrainer on printers; 38 LINES

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 09:34:57 pst
From: Collin Park <collin@hpindda.hp.com>
Full-Name: Collin Park
To: AR.BXA@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: nobrainer on printers
Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp

Hi there,
I don't know if my reply is worth the bandwidth; if my suggestion turns
out to be right, feel free to post it....

There was a movement that started at least 12 years ago to get rid of switches
and straps in hp gear.  I do not know whether the 2635* terminal has an
excessive # of switches/straps, or whether you've already checked any that
exist against what the manual sez...

Another dumb thing is that we used to have enq/ack handshakes for terminals
but once we got to the s800 i think, we quit supporting that.  if the 2635
has an option to use xon/xoff vs enq/ack, that might be another thing worth
investigating.

hope this helps

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions expressed above are my
own and do not explicitly reflect those of the Hewlett-Packard Company
or any other person or entity.

collin park                     Hewlett-Packard Company
collin%hpda@hplabs.hp.com       19420 Homestead Road -- MS 43LT
                                Cupertino, CA  95014  USA