[comp.sys.hp] HP-UX 7.0

hwt@.uucp (Henry Troup) (11/15/89)

In article <1340084@hpclisp.HP.COM> shankar@hpclisp.HP.COM (Shankar Unni) writes:
>The C compiler on HP-UX 7.0 for the s800's (only) will be a full
>On the s300's, you'll have to wait for a later release (an announcement

I thought HP-UX 7.0 was supposed to be the same level/function across s800
and s300 ?  Is this not the case ?

Confused...
Henry Troup - BNR owns but does not share my opinions
..utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-fos!hwt%bmerh490 or  HWT@BNR.CA

mjs@hpfcso.HP.COM (Marc Sabatella) (11/28/89)

>I thought HP-UX 7.0 was supposed to be the same level/function across s800
>and s300 ?  Is this not the case ?

We moved a long way toward that goal (mostly by merging sources), but it is
not yet the case - this is one of the most glaring differences.  In general,
you can expect differences will occur in architecture-dependent components, as
in most cases the sources were not merged.  The compilers are about as
architecture dependent a piece as there is.

Marc Sabatella
HP Colorado Language Lab
marc%hpfcrt@hplabs.hp.com