[comp.sys.hp] Found one Answer, Still one Question

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) (12/22/89)

In article <216@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> ries@venice.sedd.trw.com (Marc Ries) writes:
[...]
>The problem is, the code doesn't work, at least on our HP 360's
>running HP MOTIF under HPUX 7.0.  I ran the following code, and
>on our system, I still got a pushbutton widget with a full set of
>MWM decorations around it?!?!?
>
>Is it HP MOTIF or me or ????

It's me. But...

The problem is you (I) have to RESTART THE WINDOW MANAGER for this
program to work...  There must be a way to do this WITHOUT restarting
the window manager???  Something along the lines of how Young does it
in his "monitordata" and "controldata" examples for the HP Widgets
in his book _X Window Systems Programming..._ but for MOTIF.

--
Marc Ries
           ries@venice.sedd.trw.com     (ARPA)

keith@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com (Keith Taylor) (12/23/89)

>The problem is you (I) have to RESTART THE WINDOW MANAGER for this
>program to work...  There must be a way to do this WITHOUT restarting
>the window manager???  Something along the lines of how Young does it
>in his "monitordata" and "controldata" examples for the HP Widgets
>in his book _X Window Systems Programming..._ but for MOTIF.

You want the property to be there when the window is mapped so that
mwm sees it when it manages it. If you have the HP OSF/Motif
Programmer's Reference (PN 98794-90006), then check out the Vendor Shell
man page. The XmNmwmDecorations resource is a nicer way of controlling
the decoration.

Keith M. Taylor		keith@cv.hp.com
Hewlett-Packard
Corvallis, Oregon