[comp.sys.hp] Postscript => HPGL

houten@pttdis.UUCP (Karel van Houten) (01/03/90)

In article <4708@utastro.UUCP> dixson@ngp.UUCP (James Dixson) writes:

>    Our problem is we are having a hard time finding a
>Postscript to HP converter - PS2JEP.
>    I would be very grateful to anyone who could point me
>to a PS2JEP converter.

Me too please.

--
Karel van Houten, 		INTERNET-style:	houten@pttdis.UUCP
PTT Telecom b.v.		UUCP:		uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!pttdis!houten

walter@hpsad.HP.COM (Walter Coole) (01/05/90)

Do you mean HPGL, the plotter language, or PCL, as used on laserjets?  If the
latter, Ghostscript appears to have a DeskJet driver (DeskJet is fairly
compatible with a LaserJet); if the former, me, too (although I would be
surprised to learn that there was one).

burdick@hpindda.HP.COM (Matt Burdick) (01/06/90)

> Do you mean HPGL, the plotter language, or PCL, as used on laserjets?  If
> the latter, Ghostscript appears to have a DeskJet driver (DeskJet is
> fairly compatible with a LaserJet); if the former, me, too (although I
> would be surprised to learn that there was one).

Where can we get the binaries or source to Ghostscript?

							-matt
--
Matt Burdick                    | Hewlett-Packard
burdick%hpda@hplabs.hp.com      | Information Technology (IND/IT)

milburn@me10.lbl.gov (John Milburn) (01/09/90)

In article <4310086@hpindda.HP.COM> burdick@hpindda.HP.COM (Matt Burdick) writes:
>Where can we get the binaries or source to Ghostscript?

You can get the source via anonymous ftp from prep.ai.mit.edu, in the
directory pub/gnu. The file is "ghostscript-1.3.tar.Z", which is yet
another nice piece of code from the Free Software Foundation (the gnu people).

John Milburn - Advanced Light Source - Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
INTERNET: JEMilburn@lbl.gov   BITNET:    JEMilburn@LBL.bitnet
UUCP:      {...}!ucbvax!lbl.gov!JEMilburn
SnailMail: 1 Cyclotron Road 46-161 Berkeley, Ca. 94720  Ph:  (415) 486-6969