[comp.sys.hp] General Questions

lodin@plains.UUCP (Joe Schmo) (01/18/90)

I have a couple of kinda general questions:

1) Is there a way under HP-UX 6.5 (and soon 7.0) to get ksh
   to logout without doing a <return> after EOF like sh?  Root
   login seems to work fine but any other login needs the return
   after EOF to logout.  This is different than other ksh's I've used.

2) How come my diskless 340 and 318 when they originally have their
   kernel configured don't have the appropriate hpib driver included.
   Yesterday, I went through a couple of kernel rebuilds trying to get
   the 64000 environment to be supported by the 340, including the
   addition of hpib and a higher value of ndilbuffers in the dfile.
   I guess I don't understand why the drivers are automatically included
   if the hardware exists.

If you feel everyone will benefit, post to the net otherwise reply to:

Steve Lodin
Advanced Instrumentation Engineering
Delco Electronics Corp

Internet: swlodin@koess.gm.hac.com
  or      lodin%aiehost.uucp@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
  or      lodin@plains.nodak.edu

UUCP: [iuvax|pur-ee]!aiehost!lodin

jp@hplb.hpl.hp.com (Julian Perry) (01/18/90)

In article <3142@plains.UUCP>, lodin@plains.UUCP (Joe Schmo) writes:

> I have a couple of kinda general questions:
>
> 1) Is there a way under HP-UX 6.5 (and soon 7.0) to get ksh
>    to logout without doing a <return> after EOF like sh?  Root
>    login seems to work fine but any other login needs the return
>    after EOF to logout.  This is different than other ksh's I've used.

I think a  `set -o viraw' should solve that one (assuming you use vi mode
editting).  Not particularly clear but...from the manual ksh(1):

          Setting the viraw option will always disable canonical
          processing on the terminal.  This mode is implicit for
          systems that do not support two alternate end-of-line
          delimiters, and may be helpful for certain terminals.

and from the bit on `set -o':
                                 vi          Puts you in insert mode
                                             of a vi style in-line
                                             editor until you hit