[comp.sys.hp] HP Related Journals

taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) (01/11/90)

A number of people have dropped me notes asking about the magazine
HP/Apollo Workstations that I mentioned in a previous posting.  To
clear up the confusion, and as generally useful information, I am
herein including a list of all HP-related publications that I am
aware of.  If there are more, please drop me a note about them so
we can update this list!

-----------------------------------

			HP RELATED JOURNALS AND MAGAZINES
			   Last Updated: 10 Jan 1990

	European

	    The HP Chronicle Europe

		This is essentially a European edition of The HP Chronicle,
		and has a number of region-specific articles and features,
		especially regarding conferences and 'real life user' stories.

		Published monthly by PCI of Austin, Texas, USA
		telephone: (800) 888-5093

	American

	   The HP Chronicle

		Primarily oriented around the HP 3000 market, this is
		intended to be a newspaper-like compendium of important
		and topical information about the HP marketplace.

		Published monthly by PCI
		telephone: (800) 888-5093

	    HP Professional

		Published by Professional Press (the same folk who bring
		us DEC Professional), this too is aimed primarily at the
		HP 3000 market.  Unlike the Chronicle, however, this is
		more of a traditional vendor magazine, with software and
		hardware reviews, how-to columns, and so on.

		Published monthly by Professional Press
		telephone: (215) 542-7008

	    HP/Apollo Workstation

		Formerly "HP Design & Automation", this magazine is aimed at
		technical (HP-UX) workstation users, especially those in
		CAD/CAM and software engineering work.  It features advance
		news on both Apollo and HP Unix product lines, as well as
		in-depth reviews, analysis, and similar.

		Published monthly by PCI of Austin, Texas
		Telephone: (800) 888-5093

	Pacific Rim

		??

-----------------------------------

Note: I in fact *am* affiliated with PCI, and have also written for HP
      Professional.  I currently subscribe to and read all of the magazines
      listed above.

						-- Dave Taylor
Intuitive Systems
Mountain View, California

taylor@limbo.intuitive.com    or   {uunet!}{decwrl,apple}!limbo!taylor

jaap@hpuamsa.UUCP (Jaap Vegter AEO) (01/31/90)

re: HP related journals.

You could add "HP World" to your list.

The front cover says: "HP world, The independent European magazine for
                                  Hewlett-Packard computer users".

           Inside:   HP WORLD Magazine (ISSN 0953-4091)
                     Published by Infar Limited,
                                  20 Marine Road
                                  Eastbourne
                                  East Sussex
                                  England, BN22 7AU
                                  phone: +44 323 412252.

Best regards, Jaap Vegter, HP the Netherlands.

mikulska@odin.ucsd.edu (Margaret Mikulska) (02/06/90)

In article <7810025@hpuamsa.UUCP> jaap@hpuamsa.UUCP (Jaap Vegter AEO) writes:

>re: HP related journals.
>You could add "HP World" to your list.

Could somebody out there send me this list ? I have just started reading
this group, so I haven't seen previous postings on this subject.

thank you very much in advance

Margaret Mikulska
system administrator

Univ. of California, San Diego
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering

mikulska@cs.ucsd.edu
{backbone!}ucsd!odin.ucsd.edu!mikulska