came with my 7475A is not technical enough, and I was wondering if there is
any developer documentation available from HP with a complete specification
of HPGL. All the computer dealers in my area are clueless with respect to
this, so thanks in advance. Since I don't normally read this group, please
respond via email.

Mike Wiese	mike@premise.zone1.com		617-225-0422

rjn@hpfcso.HP.COM (Bob Niland) (02/27/90)

re: > I'm trying to write a plotter driver for a Motif application.  The

From: rjn@hpfcso.HP.COM (Bob Niland)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1990 20:07:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Re: HPGL Specification
Newsgroups: comp.graphics

re: In article <13326@silica.BBN.COM> hlison@bbn.com (Herb Lison) writes:

> Does any documentation exist for the HPGL specification?  If so,
> where can I get a copy?

For HP-GL (-I):

Start with the programming manual for the plotter(s) you have.  Add one
copy of the "Plotter Comparison Guide", HP pub number 5954-7124.  There
are differences between HP-GL(-I) plotters.

For HP-GL/2 (pubs available Feb '90):

HP-GL/2 Reference Guide               5959-9733
HP-GL/2 Comparision Guide (hardware)  5959-9734

If you are an Independent Software Vendor, you can also get information
about HP's plotter ISV program from Cheryl Carrasco, at HP San Diego
Division, (619) 592-4697.

Regards,                                              Hewlett-Packard
Bob Niland                                            3404 East Harmony Road
rjn%hpfcrjn@hplabs.HP.COM                             Fort Collins
UUCP: [hplabs|hpu*!hpfcse]!hpfcla!rjn                 CO          80525-9599