[comp.sys.hp] Any third party memory dealers for 9000/340?

ps@tut.fi (Pertti Suomela) (02/19/90)

HP in Finland sells it for about USD 7900 per 4 Megabyte chunk and I
think that it is a bit too expensive :-).

Thus, if you know any third party memory dealers around, please reply
via mail or in this group. Any information, recommendations etc
appreciated, a telefax number would be great.
--
	 Pertti Suomela		Tampere University of Technology
				Control Engineering Laboratory

wehr@fmeed1.UUCP (Bruce Wehr) (02/23/90)

In article <PS.90Feb19161113@sparrow.tut.fi>, ps@tut.fi (Pertti Suomela) writes:
> Thus, if you know any third party memory dealers around, please reply

InfoTek Systems
1045 S. East Street
Anahiem, CA  92805
(714)956-9300

Hope this helps.
--
	       Bruce Wehr (wehr%dptc.decnet@srlvx0.srl.ford.com)
    (...!mailrus!sharkey!fmeed1!wehr) (wehr%fmeed1.uucp@mailgw.cc.umich.edu)

ps@tut.fi (Pertti Suomela) (02/24/90)

In article <5637@fmeed1.UUCP> wehr@fmeed1.UUCP (Bruce Wehr) writes:
> In article <PS.90Feb19161113@sparrow.tut.fi>, ps@tut.fi (Pertti Suomela) writes:
> > Thus, if you know any third party memory dealers around, please reply

> InfoTek Systems
> Hope this helps.

Well, that's where I ordered the board yesterday :-) But thanks anyway.
--

irf@kuling.UUCP (Bo Thide') (03/06/90)

In article <5637@fmeed1.UUCP> wehr@fmeed1.UUCP (Bruce Wehr) writes:
>In article <PS.90Feb19161113@sparrow.tut.fi>, ps@tut.fi (Pertti Suomela) writes:
>> Thus, if you know any third party memory dealers around, please reply
>
>InfoTek Systems
>1045 S. East Street
>Anahiem, CA  92805
>(714)956-9300

Here are a few more:

Martinsound Technologies
1151 West Valley Blvd.
Alhambra, CA 91803-2493
U.S.A.
Phone: (818) 281-3555
Fax: (818) 284-3092

IEM, Inc.
P.O. Box 8915
Fort Collins, CO 80525
U.S.A.
Phone: (303) 223-6071
Fax: (303) 223-4246
TWX: 910 930 9445

DTACK Systems
120 Chaparral Court
Suite 150
Anaheim Hills, CA 92808
U.S.A.
Phone: (714) 998-2244
Fax: (714) 998-3929

GFK Hamburg
Frankenstrasse 29
D-2000 Hamburg 1
F.R.G.
Phone: (40) 23 34 24
Fax: (40) 23 17 89
Telex: 216 22 72

GFK America, Inc.
908 Providence Highway
Dedham, MA 02026
U.S.A
Phone: (617) 329-8229
Telex: 920001

Personally, I have no experience in any of these companies except that
they all sent me info on their products.  While mostly on the high side
the prices are in certain cases quite attractive, especially from those
dealers that offer a 25% discount.  We are looking into the possibility
of upgrading some of our 9000/340 workstations from 4 to 8 MB and may
very well buy the RAM from a third party dealer.  It's a *big* difference
running X diskless on a 340 with 8 MB RAM compared to 4 MB.

Bo