[comp.sys.hp] xwd image to postscript filter.

brad@sics.se (Brad Smith) (04/11/90)

I am trying to convert XWD format image files to PostScript.  The
information I have on the possible parameters of the xwd file is:

	format	     - ZPixmap, and XYPixmap
	visual class - DirectColor, PseudoColor, and GreyScale
	pixmap depth - Up to 24 bits/pixel

I don't really know what these all mean... is there a tool out
there that will deal with it for me, or do I need to learn:-)?

In particular, for those familiar with HP's Starbase graphics
software, this is the kind of xwd files potentially output from
the "sb2xwd" Starbase to X conversion utility.

Thanks in advance,

Brad Smith
Unix Systems Manager
brad@imhfhp14.epfl.ch

ssdken@watson.claremont.EDU (Ken Nelson) (04/11/90)

In article <1990Apr10.174443.7737@sics.se>, brad@sics.se (Brad Smith) writes:
> I am trying to convert XWD format image files to PostScript.  The
> I don't really know what these all mean... is there a tool out
> there that will deal with it for me, or do I need to learn:-)?

 I use :

    xwd | xpr -device ps > file.ps

  If you already have xwd format files just pipe them into the xpr
command as shown
  above.

   There are lots of options on the xpr command for inverting,
compressing etc...

				Ken Nelson
				Principal Engineer
				Software Systems Design