[comp.sys.hp] changing /etc/disktab on 9000/800 ??

mjb%hoosier.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Mark Bradakis) (04/10/90)

In article <530008@hpcuhc.HP.COM> mck@hpcuhc.HP.COM (Doug McKenzie) writes:
>Don't change disktab.  Disk partition information lives in the driver, and
>is still (7.0) not user-configurable.  Disktab is for newfs, etc. to use.

Is there any valid reason WHY the partition info is coded into the driver?

mjb.

mjb@hoosier.utah.edu

"Tell the truth, explain to me how you got this need for speed."

jsadler@misty.boeing.com (Jim Sadler) (04/11/90)

/ misty:comp.sys.hp / mjb%hoosier.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Mark Bradakis) / 11:20 am  Apr  9, 1990 /
>In article <530008@hpcuhc.HP.COM> mck@hpcuhc.HP.COM (Doug McKenzie) writes:
>>Don't change disktab.  Disk partition information lives in the driver, and
>>is still (7.0) not user-configurable.  Disktab is for newfs, etc. to use.
>
>Is there any valid reason WHY the partition info is coded into the driver?
	To protect HP from answering question from those who don't read
	manuals and mess up the procedure ?????

>mjb.
>

>mjb@hoosier.utah.edu
>
>"Tell the truth, explain to me how you got this need for speed."

jim sadler
206-234-9009	email	uunet!bcstec!jsadler|root  | hplabs!hpubvwa!b-mrda!jim